Tuesday 10 June 2014

Monotonous Monday Morning !!

My eyes opened up only because my ears opened up to a screech. It was the damned alarm in my phone. A look at the clock told me many Shatabdis across India would have just departed. The time was 0602 hours. An internal surge gave the urge to purge and made me trudge to the washroom with grudge. The first call in the morning was as usual, from mother nature. The next was from mummy asking if my tummy wanted some milk. A sleepy yes and my eyes were looking for my phone. Centuries are reached within minutes in whatsapp when you are members of railfan groups. A sleepy scroll and  "GM" sent to all groups ended my morning tryst with whatsapp. School days are history and college days are mystery but my hand still gropes for a book in Chemistry.


A realization that it is a monday dawns well after dawn when mom hands out the list of jobs to be attended. Giving me a some jobs to attend means an extra job is on the cards. Since I would require the scooter to complete the tasks, I would have to drop mom at her school as well. The rush begins at 0845 hours. Dad is all set to kick the bike and I was already a kilometre ahead with mom. The return wasn't as peaceful. People generally say a cat crossing the in your route won't augur well. It turned out to be a dog this time. Irritation levels reach their zenith when you are forced to brake from 60 kmph to nil just to avoid hitting a wandering stray, thereby risking your life and those of the people trailing you. The traffic was in the reverse direction and thus the consequences were minimal as the need to accelerate all over again was the only frustration. Oops, i spoke too soon. My dad was crossing in the opposite direction and had heard me swearing at that bitch, or was it a dog. Well its gender doesn't matter here, my dad's frown does. Some scoldings were to be received in the evening.

It was just in the nick of time did I realize that I had to go the bank. A quick turn and I reached in time to get the first token of the day. My luck is never generally good with banking and it was no exception that day. A small work which was to end in a couple of minutes took a couple of dozens of minutes to end thanks to the computer getting hanged.

The next job was to pay the mobile bills at the telephone exchange and reaching there by 0928 hours, I knew my day wasn't going to be good. Bills could be paid only from 1030 hours. I decided to finish the final job of the morning which I knew, would take enough time for me to pay the bills enroute home. It was to pay the insurance for the scooter at Ramkay Services which was about a kilometre away. The officer there was good enough to cancel both my jobs for the morning. He wanted me to produce certain documents proving that I was the owner of the vehicle. The vehicle was in my mom's name and all the so-called proofs and documents were with my mom. It was 0950 when I knew nothing was to go right that day.

I decided to take a detour back home via the school I studied in more than 800 days ago. It wasn't much of nostalgia but just a hope of getting a glimpse. The kids were monotonously repeating what the teachers said and I began to pity the people living in the neighbourhood. It was around 1010 hours when I absentmindedly knocked on the doors of an empty house, forgetting that I had the key.

The monotonous monday morning seemed more monotonous than a monotone.

-Ssk

2 comments: